Wednesday, May 19, 2010

God Wins.

Every morning at work, we start the day with devotions. Yeah, it's sweet. Today, the guy who was giving devotions talked about Job, and everything that he had to go through. He also read us a story about a girl who was kidnapped, raped, and handcuffed to a tree until the police found her, and he related it to Romans 8:28, which says "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." He talked about how God can even turn a terrible experience into something that can help further His Kingdom. The girl who was kidnapped, raped and handcuffed to a tree... she's now ministering to other crime victims. I'm not saying that what she went through was good... but by the grace of God, she used it to do something amazing. After devotions, the guy apologized for starting the day on a depressing note. He didn't know that it was exactly what I needed to hear. I had been down for a few days because I found out that I most likely either have another cyst (which I'm not supposed to be getting anymore) or a hernia. I was just starting to think that I was actually getting healthy again. I'm finally back running after a good two months off due to being sick. The message that this guy shared with us this morning made me feel like God was bonking me on the head (I think he does that a lot). Romans 8:28 isn't saying that nothing bad is going to happen to people who love God. It's saying that with His help, we can turn all experiences into something awesome. Even the crappy ones. It's like kicking Satan in the jugular. He thinks he's on to something, and then... BAM. God wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment