Wednesday, June 8, 2011

You are making me new.

Last night, a few of my friends came over for Bible study.  One of my friends pulled in the driveway and sat in his car for like 5 minutes while I just awkwardly stared at him from the window wondering why he wasn't getting out.  It turned out that the song "Beautiful Things" by Gungor was on, and he wanted to listen to the entire thing.  It's an awesome song, and I'd probably sit in the car until it was over, too.  It's about how God makes beautiful things out of what can seem really painful, hard and chaotic at first.

Sometimes I have to be reminded that just because things are really hard right now doesn't mean things are hopeless.  It's easy for me to get caught up in the fact that life is different than it usually is, and that there's a good chance that it won't go back to exactly how it was, either.  It's even harder when I start comparing myself to every other college kid, runner, or whatever else I feel like identifying myself as at the moment.   Then, I remember that it'd be silly to go back to how things were.  God is up to something, and His work isn't finished yet.


"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
  Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.  Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.
  And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast."
- 1 Peter 5:7-10 (NIV)


2 comments:

  1. Shorty, your trust in God is truly inspiring... and I love you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, what a nice Blog you have set up. My name is Candi. I am from the Chronic site as well. I have an undiagnosed illness too. I have put all of my faith in God that he will lead me out of this darkness to some answers. It's good to find another sister in faith!!

    God Bless You!!
    skimordiegirl@yahoo.com if you'd ever like to talk!

    ReplyDelete