Sunday, October 23, 2011

God. Mush brain. Spice Girls?


Heads up: my fever's been worse the past few days, and I feel like my brain is a pile of mush.  If this doesn't make any sense, well... my apologies.

[I'm not quite sure why writing a blog post is what I decide to do when I can't focus...]

On Friday, I was able to get in contact with the Internal Medicine department at Cleveland Clinic.  All of my test results are back (and negative), so we're ready to get moving again.  I was all ready to schedule the breath test for bacterial overgrowth that the GI at Cleveland wanted me to have, and then I realized that I never got a prescription from them while I was there.  My doctor is supposed to call me back tomorrow about that and what else she thinks I should do now, along with whether or not she thinks now is a good time for me to have a PET scan.  That's something that my Oncologist brought up in the spring, but at the time he was pretty sure that my illness was something in the Infectious Disease area, so he told me to see an ID doctor first.  We did that.  Twice.

I'm very excited about being able to get moving along with tests again.  It'd be really cool to find out what's going on someday soon.

On a non-medical note: Last week, I started going to a morning prayer thing that's on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  On Thursday, we read Psalm 37, and I got to this verse and it's been ingrained in my head (or maybe my heart) ever since:

"Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act." -Psalm 37:5


It wasn't anything I never knew before. It wasn't like I had some huge revelation about what's going on... just that as long as I've committed my life to God, everything's going to be okay. He's active in my life and in every little (and big) thing that I'm dealing with right now. That's so cool.


Another thing that's not nearly as cool as that, but is still pretty cool, is the show "The Sing Off." For those of you who have never seen it, it's kind of like American Idol, but with A Capella groups and nice judges. The University of Rochester (which is very close to Roberts) made it on the show and now they're into the top half! Last week, they made an arrangement of the Spice Girls, and it's hilarious and 10 million x better than the original. You might want to watch it...

No comments:

Post a Comment