Monday, November 7, 2011

Peace.

Today's one of those days where I feel extra cruddy and I start wondering why I don't just act like a normal sick person and curl up in my pajamas with a good book... or just throw a nice little pity party.  These are the days when it feels like nobody actually realizes that being sick actually means feeling sick, because most people here just see me going to classes, the library, or the dining hall like a normal college student.  Then, I start wishing that EVERYONE could realize that my muscles hurt, I'm exhausted, and my brain feels like it's melting from having a fever for a good year.

But... just when I feel like pouting about how nobody understands, I remember...

"... We do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who in every respect has been tested as we are, yet without sin."   ~Hebrews 4:15

Jesus gets it.  He knows exactly how I feel.  Sometimes when I come back from class, the first thing I do is plop down on my bed (or the floor...) and rest for a few minutes, and I find comfort in knowing that God is always  there in those moments when nobody else realizes how badly I just need to rest.  God knows every little concern and hurt that I have, and that's what makes it possible for the little pity party that's starting up in my head to be replaced with "the peace that passes understanding."

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this. I, myself, am about pity partied out and have been longing for some Godly peace for too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are having a wonderful day and if it less than perfect you are showered with God's peace.

    Love & Prayers,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete