Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful.

I love how God still gives me so many reasons to be grateful, even in the middle of an extremely difficult (and seemingly never ending) time.

Here are some of the random blessings that keep me going (in no particular order):

1. My family.  I can't explain how relieving it is to be able to come home to a place where everyone understands what's going on.  My parents understand that just because I'm sick every day, doesn't mean it's become normal or easy (so many people seem to think this...).

2. Morning.  I love morning.  I love waking up to a new day, pretty sunrises, morning devotions, breakfast... everything about morning makes me all excited and happy.  A lot of times, I already don't feel well when I wake up, but I get so excited about everything that it makes it a little easier to take that first step out of bed... even if it's on some incredibly achy legs.

3. Honey nut cheerios.  Seriously.  They're delicious.  And I think it's really cool that Garlock gives us an unlimited supply of them (even if they do mix them with regular cheerios...).

4. People who "ooze Jesus."  You know those people who are joyful, make sacrifices for other people, and are so great to be around that you just want to find out what makes them tick?  Yeah, they're my favorite.  

5. The people who work at Garlock (our dining hall), especially Mary, the lady who gets my almond milk for me every morning.  I knocked over the cereal bar and caused a giant frosted flakes explosion last week, and yet they still make sure that all of my special "allergy friendly" food is there for me.

6. Classes.  Being sick and missing a year has made me even more of a nerd than I was in the first place.  It has also made me realize how much of a blessing it is to be able to go to college.  I just really love to learn!

7. Music.  Sometimes I just need to turn on my Ipod and drown out the world... or other people's terrible choices of music.  For the millionth time, I don't care that "it's 5 o' clock in the morning and the conversation got boring."  You should have gone to bed like 7 hours ago.

8. Prayer.  I get to converse with my Savior whenever I want.  Need I say more?

9. Snow!  We had our first snow of the season (that actually stuck) the other night.  Everything was white and pretty!

10.  The "schedule" button on the side of my screen that will allow me to post this on Thanksgiving, when I won't want a thing to do with my laptop, the internet, or Blogger.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!




2 comments:

  1. I am thankful to have you as a friend, Michelle! Thanks for the post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe "Hope" is your middle name!
    We all have blessings but not all of us see them as clearly as you.

    Keeping you in my prayers,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete