Sunday, January 8, 2012

Who I am

I'm back at school for spring semester!  Thinking about getting through another semester while I'm sick is a bit intimidating, but I have to keep reminding myself to just get through one day at a time.  I really enjoyed break and having the chance to relax with my family!  Over break, I was thinking and praying a lot about remembering who I am in Christ.  It's really easy to start feeling down when I think of all of the things that I can't do.  Sometimes, it even feels like I lost part of my identity, and I start to be stupid and  think that because I can't run and do everything that I used to be able to do, I'm not as good as I was before.  Obviously, that's a lie (and a really stupid one), but unfortunately it's very easy to believe when I'm down about being sick!  It all comes down to having an eternal perspective and trusting that God really does know what's best, which isn't always all that easy... but it's so important.  I have to trust that this will be worth it in the end, and maybe God's doing bigger things through this than if I were still a healthy runner.

 I am a child of God because of what Jesus did on the cross for us, and nothing I do can make me any "more" of a child of God... and being sick can't make me any less of one!


Jason Gray - Remind Me Who I Am

No comments:

Post a Comment