Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Quick update!

School + being sick = not much time to blog... but here is a very, very quick update:

I am no longer "normal people" sick on top of my not-so-normal "issues," so that's very nice!  I was home for the weekend to play in the alumni jazz band which was fun!  I also had a doctors appointment back home yesterday to make sure my PCP is on the same page so that he can send my records to Maryland.  We'll hear if I'm accepted into the Undiagnosed Diseases Program in 6-8 weeks.  I tried not to expect much at the doctors appointment because we were really just there to make sure he was sending my records, but it was still stressful.  I hadn't seem him since summer because I had been to so many other doctors since then!  The only thing new that happened was that he put me on medicine for overactive bladder because apparently it's not normal to pee every 10 minutes when I'm trying to go to sleep... and then wake up for more trips to the bathroom.  We won't know if overactive bladder is the culprit until we're able to see if the medicine helps, and that's supposed to take at least 2 weeks... so... we'll see.  It's really the least of my medical issues right now, but it could mean more sleep in the near future, and that'd be very cool.

I have a lot I want to write about, but I need to go to sleep!  Hopefully I'll be able to write more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment