Friday, March 30, 2012

Update

Want to hear (read?) a funny story?

Last week, I called the NIH because I hadn't been notified that they had received my records, which my doctors had sent a few weeks ago.  After playing phone tag for awhile, I was finally able to contact them and talk to a real human being.  She told me that they actually don't send out a letter to notify people that they've received their records, but that if I didn't hear anything in 8 weeks, I should give them a call.  The first letter that they sent me said they did, so it was all very confusing.  Then, my parents called me the next day and said I had gotten a letter from the NIH saying that they had received my records.

I thought it was funny.  The not-so-funny part of the story is that the letter also said they didn't have everything from Cleveland Clinic that they'd like... and... the 6-10 week wait doesn't start until they have everything.  Sigh.

On a happier note, my 22nd birthday was last Tuesday, so my parents came out on the weekend again to celebrate a few days early with my brother, sister-in-law, and me!  It was really good to be able to get off of campus for a little bit and be with my family.  The past few weeks have been rough because school is really wiping me out.  My bladder is still really good at keeping me up at night.  I started the medicine for overactive bladder over 8 weeks ago, so I'm starting to think that's not the culprit... it's frustrating.  Each day is really hard, and sometimes I start to get discouraged because I start to feel "stuck" in this.  Then, I remember that I serve a God who has more than enough power and love to get anybody "unstuck" anytime He wants.  That's a really, really comforting thought for me when I start to get down.  There has never been a time when God didn't have all of this under control.  And you know how people always say that God won't give you anything that you're not strong enough to get through?  Yeah, I don't think that's true... otherwise we'd never need to ask God to give us strength.

"Do you not know?  Have you not heard?  The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.  He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.  He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.  Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
                                             -Isaiah 40:28-31


1 comment:

  1. Michelle, you are such an inspiration! Thank you for your updates so we know how to pray for you.

    ReplyDelete