Saturday, March 3, 2012

The wait.

Earlier this week I found out that my doctors still hadn't sent my records to the Undiagnosed Diseases Program.  It wouldn't have been that frustrating... if I didn't think they sent it three weeks ago.  Thanks to the ridiculous amount of phone calls from both myself and my dad, they let us know that they had gotten it all together and sent it yesterday.  Now, I try to be patient until I hear from NIH that my records are there... then, I try to be even more patient while I wait 6-8 weeks to hear if I get in.

I've been listening to this song a lot, because it pretty much sums up how I feel.  Whenever I find out that I have to wait even longer, I don't think I'm going to make it that long... at least not without going insane. I was reminded the other day that if I ask God for patience, he'll give it to me... and maybe that's the point of all of this waiting... because it's when we think we can't take it anymore that He can blow us away by giving us everything we need to get through whatever we're going through.  I mean, I've made it this far... and I know I couldn't have done that by myself.


1 comment:

  1. You are in my thoughts & prayers.

    "for this day is holy to our Lord. And be not grieved and depressed, for the joy of the Lord is your strength and stronghold (Nehemiah 8:10b Amplified)."

    Pam Ford Davis

    ReplyDelete