Friday, July 1, 2011

What a week!

So much has happened within the last week!  Last Thursday, some of our family from N.C. came up to visit!  We don't get to see them very much, so it was really exciting.  I'll post some pictures later.

I've also been helping at Vacation Bible School all week!  I was a group leader for the 6-7 graders.  I've always said that I would never work with middle school kids because they scare me, but I ended up loving them.  I was really happy because I made it through the whole week without any of my kids getting hurt, and then half way through today, I whiped out while playing duck duck goose with them and had to go see the nurse to fix up my knee!  It was pretty funny.

And then the "medical" stuff...
We've been calling around all week to see what clinics each of my doctors normally refer people too, and they all seem to like Cleveland Clinic the most.  I had to call the clinic today to figure out what to do next, and some guy transferred me to some computer, which I thought was a person and tried to talk to, and then it said it couldn't understand me and transferred me to a real person, who was very, very helpful.  They ended up registering me as a patient already and now I just have to fax my history to them so they can make appointments for me to see the people they think I need to see!

It's been so stressful trying to decide what to do about this whole clinic thing.  Sometimes, I get afraid that I just shouldn't go.  Other times, I freak out because I don't know where I should go.  Some people with Lyme Disease have better luck at other places, and Lyme still isn't out of the question.  However, I have to keep reminding myself that as chaotic as everything seems, God is in control.  I've been praying before each appointment and phone call too, and I know that He will work everything out!  The people that I talked to today were extremely helpful and nice, so I feel a lot better about having to communicate back and forth with such a huge, crazy place now.

I went for a little run today and ended up getting really sick during/after it, so I don't know what was up with that.  I really don't understand how I can feel fine on one day and terrible on the next when my diet and everything is staying the same! 

Anyways, I need sleep.  Have a good weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment