Sunday, September 11, 2011

Learning to Love.

Sorry for the lack of posts.  I'm not the most efficient "homeworker" because of my fever, so I don't have very much free time.  I've survived my second week back at school though!

The past couple of weeks have been hard and sometimes very discouraging, but today's one of those really cool days when I see that God has done a lot throughout the past three years of me being sick.

If I had to pick one thing that I feel like God has bonked me on the head with over and over throughout the past few years, it's the simple truth that the "christian walk" isn't easy.  I know, it's all over the Bible, but I learn from experience... and God knows I had to experience literally falling apart to understand what "fighting the good fight" actually means.

I could just accept what I've learned and move on, but... I think that'd only be half of what God actually wants me to learn out of this.

God's given me so many reasons to be confident that He makes the impossible possible and to believe that "the easy way out" normally isn't the way He wants me to go.  There's no reason for me to believe that being sick is the only struggle I'm going to face, and there's no reason for me not to take what I've learned and apply it to the rest of my life... especially when it comes to loving others.  I have no problem liking other people.  Liking everyone isn't hard for me to do, but liking isn't loving.  Loving others means befriending the people that everyone else has seemed to given up on... the people that everyone else would rather keep their distance from because they are hard people to love... and trusting that God will give me the strength to do that.  It'd be easier to live comfortably, but... "The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." (Psalm 18:2). 

No comments:

Post a Comment