Friday, December 16, 2011

Done!

The last few weeks of the semester were crazy, which is why I've disappeared from the "blogging world" for a little while.  Writing papers and taking finals is always interesting when you have a fever, but... I'm done!  I made it, and now I'm happily resting at home for the next few weeks!  I am SO excited that I actually made it through the semester with everything that's going on!  It was extremely difficult at times, but I've learned what it means to rely on God, and I've also learned that He'll do amazing things when you do... like get you through a semester of school while somehow keeping your grades up.

While I was at school, we were in touch with my oncologist, who suggested that I go to Mayo Clinic.  In order to go to Mayo Clinic, you have to apply as a patient and then be accepted by them.  I mailed back my patient application on Tuesday morning, so now we're just waiting again.  If you haven't noticed, being sick involves a lot of waiting.  It's probably my least favorite part, but I'm getting more used to it.  I just read 2 Peter this morning, and in chapter 3 it talks about how people will start scoffing and saying that Jesus' promise to come back isn't true because it's been so long and he hasn't come back yet, but then Peter writes "But do not ignore this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like one day. The Lord is not slow about his promise, as some think of slowness, but is patient with you, not wanting any to perish, but all to come to repentance." -2 Peter 3:8-9.  I know that it doesn't exactly have to do with being sick, but it helps me to remember that God's timing is perfect, even when it seems like things are moving reaaally slow!

I have a whole lot to write about, so I plan on posting a lot more during break!

No comments:

Post a Comment