Saturday, May 5, 2012

DONE! (And a reply from NIH)

I finished the semester on Thursday!  It's a big deal for me, because there were many times when I didn't think I was going to be able to make it through this one.  School by itself is enough.  School and a mysterious illness is pretty ridiculous.  But, God provided and took care of me in some pretty incredible ways... and left me wondering why I ever worry.  None of the things that I worried about happened, and even when bad, discouraging things happened, God was still right there, still in control.  I really can't explain how happy and thankful I was when I walked out of my last final!

We heard back from the National Institute of Health the same day that I came home.  They didn't accept me into their undiagnosed diseases program.  I was really bummed and anxious about it at first, despite the fact that I had walked out of my final a few hours earlier thinking about how silly worrying is.  I have an appointment with my primary care physician in a couple of weeks, so we'll go from there.  I'm thankful that I heard back the day I came home instead of waiting all summer to hear back.  Now, we can start heading in other directions.

My fever's making me feel really sick now, so I'll try to write more within the next few days!  And hopefully, my stuff will unpack itself... :)

p.s. IT'S SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment