Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Thank you, Ms. Elisabeth.

Yesterday I headed out to Barnes and Noble with one of my friends to spend a gift card that I had recieved for Christmas. To make a long story short; I spent 2 and a half hours trying to decide what book to buy, and then I ended up not being able to decide and I bought a collection of Switchfoot albums instead. BUT, while I was looking through one of the books that I was thinking of buying at one point, I found this quote:

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."

                                                      ~ Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I don't remember what the name of the book was, but I decided that it looked boring so I put it back. I also don't know who this Elizabeth lady is, but I like what she had to say. A lot.


1 comment:

  1. Yes, I am glad someone else can say how beautiful you are in a more eloquent manner. I love you girl, and you are going to get through this!

    ReplyDelete