Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween Hustlin'!

Hola! Instead of sitting on my couch (which is where I've been for the past few weeks), I'm sitting in my dorm room! I wasn't going to come back until Monday... but I felt like I had more energy, and Friday was the annual xc "Halloween Hustle" and girls sleepover, and next thing I knew... I was driving out to Rochester in the pouring rain with my car packed full of my belongings and Josh Wilson's sweet version of Amazing Grace blasting through the speakers. Thankfully, it stopped raining by the time I arrived for the Halloween Hustle. For those of you who don't know, the Halloween Hustle is the cross country team's workout that's closest to Halloween. Everyone dresses up, runs around campus looking pretty obnoxious, and then runs whatever workout is planned for that day. I couldn't run, of course, so Uncle Andy had me timing with "Grandpa Jeff." It turned into quite the dance party, despite my fever and everything else that had been holding me down. Somewhere throughout the dancing, timing, screaming, and watching Uncle Andy prance around dressed as Peter Pan... I realized that I wouldn't trade that moment for anything. And know what? If I was healthy, I wouldn't have experienced that. Not that being sick is good, but God can do sweet things even when everything seems to be falling apart. We had team massages at the sleep over, and, well... the laughing/screaming/flailing that Sarah was doing while I was digging my fist into her VMO was well worth staying up late for. =P Yeah, my fever went way up. Yeah, I feel like crap today. And yes, I some how have to do that whole going to class thing again. I don't know what's going to happen. I don't know if I'm going to make it through the semester, and I definitely don't know what's wrong with me... however, I do know that I'm in a good place to be going through all of this. I'm surrounded by awesome people, and for the first time in a very, very long time... I'm okay with not knowing what's going to happen and not being able to run for the second season in a row. Even if I don't think I can handle it, God can.... and maybe, just maybe, the patience, perseverance, humility and selflessness that I'm learning from this (along with a little rearranging of my priorities in life) will all be worth it in the end.

Yeah. That was a happy one. Friends make me happy. My coaches make me happy. Dancing on the track dressed as a pumpkin to music I don't even know makes me happy.
There will be tough days ahead, I know that... but right now, I'm happy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment