Saturday, October 16, 2010

A long awaited update to... myself?

So, apparently the point of a blog is to have other people read them. Oh. Maybe I should do something about that...

But anyhow, I'm currently home from school because I'm too sick to be there. It's probably something I should've done a few weeks ago when I found out I had pneumonia, but my doctor told me to go to classes and "live life." Bad idea. It basically got to the point where I couldn't do my hw or pay attention in classes because I was too busy trying to get myself to stay awake. Then, I just cried all of the time, because I didn't know why life suddenly became 100x harder, and THEN the pneumonia triggered my asthma (that I forgot I had), and I thought I was just dumb and had forgotten how to breath. I'm starting to wonder if my doctor ever learned that the only way to get over pneumonia is to REST (something that I realized anyone can learn by google-ing "pneumonia.") Sigh.

I don't think I realized how much I needed rest until I got home the other day... I went to bed and didn't wake up for 16 hours. Then, after a few episodes of House (in hopes that a patient would have my problems and be diagnosed) and some dinner... I slept another 10.5... and THEN, I woke up, ate some food and... napped. This is the first time that I've had enough energy in the past couple days to sit up for more than a few minutes and do something that requires using at least some part of my brain.

Not being at school is weird, but maybe I'll actually keep up with this whole blog thing now. That'd be cool. As for now, I'm a little feverish, pretty tired, and ready to call it a night. So... good night. Maybe I'll actually write something two days in a row. And maybe it'll be something inspirational, rather than a depressing update on my explosive body. Maybe.

3 comments:

  1. Michelle I am SO glad to hear that you are finally getting rest! I read your other posts and they kinda made me tear up but this one made me smile because you are finding a little bit of relief from your tiredness. I am continuing to pray that God will deliver you from this feat of perseverance soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Honey! I am really glad that you're getting rest also... It's really important to recovery. I am praying for you; and in the weird "I know" I know what it's like to be home for some time: BUT it WILL get better and you'll be back with us before you know it! I miss you SO much and being back here without you is not the same... I miss ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shorty I hope you feel better soon!! If you need anything, I'm right down the road (well kind of :P) I'll be praying for you & thinking of you! Eat lots of chicken noodle soup! :)

    Miss & love youuu!
    <3 Katherine

    ReplyDelete