Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Antibiotics x 7

Today I had an appointment with my dentist because of the jaw/neck pain that I've been having.  Of course, the first thing he said to me was: "It's gotta be Lyme Disease."  He's been aware of everything that's been going on, and he was really sick with Lyme for awhile.  He wasn't referring to my jaw pain when he said that, though.  He actually thinks that's because my wisdom teeth are infected and need to come out.  There's really no better time to get them out than while I'm on medical leave anyways!  I have to see the Oral Surgeon next Tuesday, and he'll be able to tell if it's definitely my wisdom teeth causing the pain or something else.  He gave me a prescription for antibiotics for now, because he thinks that my lymph nodes are swollen from the infection draining into them.  We had to tell my Internist that I'm going to be taking them though, because it'll be my 7th time on them in the last 5 months.  We're still waiting to hear from the doctors about my neurologist and hematologist appointments.

I've been very sick of doctors appointments and everything that's related to being sick, but hopefully the doctors will be able to figure things out soon.  Some days I think that maybe if I just acted healthy and tried to forget about everything, I'd randomly get better.  After being undiagnosed for so long, the co-pays, medicine, and tests that my parents pay for make me feel really bad.  Sometimes I get very scared that they're never going to figure it out.  Thankfully, I have wonderful friends and family who keep reminding me that God is still in control, even though things really don't make any sense right now.  I saw my coaches' family over the weekend, and that took my mind off of everything for awhile!  We met them at the mall, and we went on the carousel.  It was awesome.  I've also been very busy with the musical that I'm playing french horn in.  This week is "production week," so we have stuff going on every day.  I'm nervous, but it's so nice to be stressed out about playing french horn instead of everything else!

3 comments:

  1. I'll agree with your friends and family. God's still got you. And He always will. He can also take care of any financial burden that you or your parents might have.

    He protects and provides :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you Shorty! After everything settles down with the musical and you have time (and I'm not swamped with school stuff) we definitely need to hang out again! Miss you!<3

    ~Katherine H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with both RJ and Katherine. God is still holding you and loving you and so are your friends and family! I would also love to see you and hang out once both of our lives get a little less crazy, maybe in May! Love you tons!
    -Audrey Moore

    ReplyDelete