Monday, April 25, 2011

I'm still a dreamer...

I've been listening to "The Redeemer" by Sanctus Real a lot lately.  It's my new favorite song, and it makes me feel better about this yucky, no fun, scary situation.  Last week was so hard, and I really don't want to have any more weeks like that.  Getting bounced around from doctor to doctor and not getting any answers gets so hard. I've also been worrying a lot about next fall, because I really want to be back at school.  However, I have to remember that thinking about the fall doesn't help me at all right now, and I just need to keep trusting God.  He will give me the strength to get through whatever will come... when it comes.  For now, I really just need to do whatever helps me stay happy... and whatever can help me keep my sanity.  That'd be nice.  I've been going for little runs a few times a week.  I can only do up to 10-15 minutes before I get the abdominal pain and feel really weak, but I LOVE those 10-15 minutes.  I like being outside, so any excuse to frolic around on the trails across the street and see flowers and leaves starting to grow makes me very happy.   I also love helping the track team.  I've only been helping on the days when they have speed workouts, but their meets start this week, so I'll be going to those too (as long as I feel up to it).

Two of my best friends were home for Easter, so we hung out on Friday.  It's so nice to hang out with friends that are my age... thankfully they'll be back home in a few weeks for summer!  One of them convinced me to get a twitter... I'm not sure how I feel about Twitter yet.  I think it's kind of weird, but I put it on the side of my blog just in case I have anything interesting to say... haha.  I wasn't feeling well at all on Friday night, but I was still really happy... and trust me, not feeling well is so much easier to get through when you're happy!  I just felt really weak and tired (I knew it was coming, because I was very achy earlier in the week).  I also helped my coach's mom last week at the Easter egg hunt at her library.  It was a nice break from everything! 

Easter was great... I love Easter.  Seriously.  We get to celebrate that Jesus rose from the dead! Talk about the happiest day EVER.  Of course, there were still moments when I got frustrated about everything... but it's still Easter.
Our family always does Easter Baskets... they're fun!
We found flowers while we were out for a walk on Saturday...  I think winter might finally be over!




1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about school. I haven't been to school in over two years because Im too sick. I should be graduating high school now, but Im too sick. Im planning on going to college in the fall, but i don't know if that will work out.

    Im so sorry that you're going through this. Hang in There!

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete