Thursday, April 28, 2011

More HOA fun... and some ice cream.

Today I headed back to HOA to go over blood test results.  I'm starting to really like that place!  I sat down at one of the tables that had a puzzle on it and worked on that while I was waiting... and waiting takes a long time there (over an hour today!).  I also really like my doctor and all of the other people there (and the free candy).  Seeing as these tests were all repeats of tests that I've already had done, we knew they'd be normal... and they were.  That almost rules out everything hematology/oncology related, but not quite.  He talked about how some mild lymphomas are similar to what ever I have and are very hard to diagnose. A full body CT scan would check for that.  He doesn't think it's very likely though, and his advice was to wait and see if anything gets worse or if I go too much longer without a diagnosis before I get that much radiation (I've already had a CT scan of my abdomen, and CT scans aren't something you want to get all of the time).  This does NOT mean that we think I have lymphoma... if we did, we wouldn't be waiting to have my scans done.  It's just a possibility.  A small one. 

I expected to leave the appointment without any new plans or anything because it was a "lab report" appointment, but because of some new symptoms that've popped up, he decided that I need to have a cervical (the top of my spine) MRI.  Then, he decided that we should look at my brain too while I'm at it, so I'll also be having an MRI of that.  The MRIs will most likely be tomorrow, but I will post updates when I can.

Other than that, there's not too much else that's new.  I'm just having a lot of muscle/bone pain, muscle twitches and neck issues.  I'm really enjoying helping out with the track team!  They did 10x300s yesterday, and I had 4 of the girls and 2 of the boys.  The hardest part for me is trying to figure out just how fast these kids are.  I've only been working with them for 2 weeks, so I don't know what they're capable of doing.  So... after they did 9 of them, I gave them specific times to hit that were MUCH faster than what they were running and told them I would buy them ice cream if they hit that time... and now I owe ALL of them ice cream.  I knew they had more in them!  Of course, they weren't supposed to run every 300 all out... but still... one of the girls ran 22 seconds faster (this is after running 9 300s!)!  Now, her and I both know that she's a whole lot faster than we thought.  They were also super excited after that, and I'm pretty sure their excitement is worth having to buy 6 ice creams. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment