Friday, April 8, 2011

On the avenue I'm taking you to... 42nd Street!

Last night was the first show of "42nd Street" (the musical that I'm playing in the pit for).   It feels like senior year all over again!  There was even a balloon with with my name on it with the rest of the balloons (random fact: the ribbon from my balloon that I got 3 years ago is still tied to my old band locker)!  I was happy to see that everyone involved with the musical still skips around the school to "Come On Eileen," although I didn't join them this time.  It's just not the same when you're 6 years older than some of them...

We have three more shows to do, and I'm already pooped.  It's definitely not the same as being involved with it when I was in high school and surrounded by my friends, but it's still cool to be part of it... even if I'm still convinced that whoever wrote the music for it did NOT have french horns in mind.  My music has a range of 3 octaves, and we had to experiment to figure out the fingerings for a couple of the notes (like the ridiculously low D, that I normally just let the 2 trombones take care of... sshh!).  I really have enjoyed it though, and it's been a nice distraction from everything that's going on. =)

On the medical side of things... there's really no new updates.  My doctor knows which hematologist he wants me to see, so it's just a matter of waiting to find out when the appointment is.  I'll write more when I figure that stuff out... for now, it's time for another show!

1 comment:

  1. I continue to pray for you. I really wish I could have made it to the play! You're incredible. And so fun! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete