Monday, August 22, 2011

Cleveland Clinic - Day 5

We still don't have any answers yet.  Today was exhausting, but having a weekend away from everything was nice.  We only went to the clinic once over the weekend, and that was just so I could pick up some stuff from the pharmacy and go for a swim at their fitness center.  We went to the Cleveland Zoo on Sunday!  It was very cool, and even worth having achy legs after. =P I'm a big fan of the kangaroos!

This morning, I had an ultra sound to check the blood flow to my intestines.  Hopefully we'll be getting the results to that soon.  We were going to come back to the hotel after that, but we decided to call about my appointment with the endocrinologist because we hadn't heard anything about it yet.  After a lot of phone calls and then getting lost in the clinic (we've been doing that a lot...), we finally ended up at the endocrinology center to try and schedule an appointment.  While I was sitting at the "make an appointment" desk, I noticed the sign that said "please schedule appointments 4-6 months in advance." Ha. Oops.  Anyways, the lady said she would try to see if anything was available for this week.  While we were waiting for her to call us back up, the Internal Medicine lady called and said that she made my endocrine appointment for Sept. 21st.... except while she was telling me that, the other lady was telling my dad that the doctor could see me right at that moment!  It was crazy, and I ended up having my endocrinology appointment today after all.  The endocrinologist decided that I should have a "cortisol stimulation test" tomorrow morning.  I'll have to go in bright and early, get blood drawn to check my cortisol level, get a shot of something that's supposed to make my body produce more cortisol, and then get blood drawn 2 more times within the hour to see if my body reacts how it's supposed to.  Thankfully, that is all I have tomorrow besides a few more blood tests.



A bunch of my blood tests have been coming back negative, but most of them are repeats anyways, so we're not surprised.  It still stresses me out though because it makes me worry that they're never going to find anything and that I'm doing the wrong thing.  It's a terrible feeling.  I need to constantly remind myself that God is control and He is way bigger than all of this!  I'm really glad that we're staying at a hotel that's about 25 minutes away from the clinic, otherwise I don't think I'd ever get a break from the feeling of being at the clinic. 

Hopefully I'll be coming home on Thursday!  I found out that I have to come back in a couple of weeks for some more appointments, but we'll get there when we get there.  Thanks again for all of the messages and prayers!  Please keep praying!!!!

The really cool tunnel...


No comments:

Post a Comment