Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Cleveland Clinic - Day 7

Today was a rough one.  I had to start my colonoscopy prep at 6am, and I ended up puking it up (I always do...) so it took me forever to get enough of it down.  This one was supposedly pinapple flavored... it was DISGUSTING.  Anyways, after a not-so-fun morning, we headed back to the clinic for the colonoscopy and upper endoscopy.  The nurse somehow was able to get my IV in despite my already bruised and beat up arms from the past week (PRAISE GOD), so both of us were celebrating over that one, haha.  Then, things started to go bad.  They gave me the medicine that they use for the people who are getting their normal "50 year colonoscopy," which is known to knock them out but can be a little less "sedating" for young people.  Well, it did absolutely nothing to me!  They started the procedure with me wide awake, which was TERRIBLE.  I have a "tourtuous colon," which makes it a lot more difficult for the doctors because it's longer than normal and all twisty and turny... it also makes it a whole lot more painful.  Meanwhile, my blood pressure was dropping so they couldn't give me anymore meds.  After a couple of minutes it dropped way too much so they had to stop so that they could get it back up.  Now I have to go back next month to do it again (prep and all...), except this time I'll be in the hospital for it... and not awake!

I was a mess after that.  I'm definitely ready to go home.  I have one appointment tomorrow morning, then we're leaving!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment