Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Cleveland Clinic - Day 6

Today was a little less crazy than the rest of our time here.  I only had one test... it was my ACTH stimulant test.  The guys at the lab recognized me from last time, and seeing familiar faces makes things a little easier.  I have my (THIRD!!) colonoscopy and upper endoscopy tomorrow afternoon, so I've been drinking juice and chicken broth all day for my meals.  I get to wake up bright and early to start the prep... I can't wait until that part is over!

Other than that, I went for a little swim at the clinic and I've been reading a lot.  We also felt the earth quake while we were in the parking garage!  We're still waiting for a whole bunch of test results, and some of them will take a few weeks.  This morning, I started getting really afraid that I shouldn't have come here.  I'm not a fan of waking up and realizing where I am and that I have to go have tests done each morning, and this morning seemed extra hard for some reason.  Thankfully, I've been reminded a lot lately that fear isn't from God.  His perfect love casts out fear, and He really is in control when everything seems like a crazy mess. 

 In my last post, I mentioned that we had gotten lost in the clinic.  Well, we've actually gotten lost several times and it's really funny.  Yesterday, we couldn't find building "F."  We could see it, but we couldn't figure out how to get from G to F!  We found a sign that told us to take the elevator to the second floor, but then the elevator didn't have a second floor so we went to the third and came back down a set of stairs to the second... which somehow brought us into what looked like a hallway with a bunch of operating rooms and things!  Every different specialty at the clinic has it's own area for doing procedures, which is where we somehow keep ending up.  Apparently only certain elevators take you to certain floors/wings.  The other day a lady had to lead us out of the heart failure ICU... we were trying to get to the outpatient testing to have my ultra sound done.  That place is crazy.  I think my parents and I are all sleep deprived and crazy from such a crazy week.  We laugh a lot as it is, but we've been laughing hysterically a whole lot that past few days, and I'm very thankful for that. =)

I'm not sure how long it'll take for me to recover enough tomorrow to post an update, but I will when I'm able to.



"The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it."
-John 1:5

No comments:

Post a Comment