Friday, February 18, 2011

Doctors, blood work, and... warm weather?!

Yesterday was my first visit with the Rheumatologist.  He really didn't have much to say, besides that my Baker's cyst isn't a Baker's cyst.  He thinks it's a muscle deformity, but he said he really didn't know either.  Yeah. Hearing doctor's say that they have no idea what's going on with your body all of the time gets really, really frustrating.  He did order a TON of blood tests though, so that was good.  He also ordered the IGeneX kit from California so that we can send my blood there to get tested for Lyme.  I'm still really confused about who to trust seeing as IGeneX says people have Lyme when a lot of other labs say they don't... but... we'll see.  My Western Blot from Quest Diagnostics came back negative, but if IGeneX were to look at the same results they would say it was equivocal... which isn't very helpful, but it makes the doctors curious.  Unfortunately, I don't have another doctors appointment until March, so we're back to waiting around again... which isn't fun.  At all.

I am very, very sick of this.  The 2 days of 50 degree weather makes it feel like it's spring... and as much as I LOVE spring, I wanted to be healthy by the time the weather was nice.  The warm weather is almost a cruel reminder that I'm too sick to be enjoying it like I'd usually be... although, the warm weather is still very nice. I just really don't want to spend anymore time taking naps and being a bum, but there are days when I really don't have the energy to do much more than that.  I'm still trying very hard to make the most out of the things that I can do... but the past few days have been pretty discouraging.  I've managed to go from not being able to swim in January to doing 20 lengths (about 450meters) of the front crawl without stopping, but I could hardly swim any laps on Wednesday.  After awhile I realized that usually we have our lessons on Wednesday (we're on a 2 week break between sessions), so I normally don't actually do very much swimming on those days...  just a lot of learning.  So, I guess my body had a reason to be exhausted.  Last night at Pit, it seemed IMPOSSIBLE to play my french horn.  I couldn't hit a note, and everything was out of tune.  The band director had given me a heads up that something was up with the horn when he played it too, so that made me feel a little better.  After playing through all 2 hours of rehearsal and then trying to fix it with the HS band director, the retired band director saved the day and noticed that the slides looked weird.  Some little punk had switched the slides around! Just in case you're not familiar with french horns - they have 8 slides, which is why the very first thing I learned was to never take more than one out at a time, because you'll probably put them back in the wrong place.  It sounds much better now... phew.  Besides that and some tutoring, this week has been pretty uneventful (unless sleeping is eventful to you, but I think it's really boring)... but, I get to see a few friends (and hopefully my grandma!) this weekend, so hopefully the next few days will be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment