Friday, February 11, 2011

Yesterday's doctor update

 Let's just say my "expect the worst" mentality that I had before I went still wasn't enough to prepare me for how I'd feel after it.  Even though I expected the worst... I still hoped for something better.  The doctor is stumped, once again.  This time he called me a "puzzle," and he did the whole "you might have something that's not even discovered yet" thing.  You'd think a doctor would want to be the one to discover that new disease... but instead they just hand me off to another one.  This is my good doctor, the one I talked about in this post, so it was very depressing to hear it come from him too.  But, he is still working on his "process of elimination," by taking a bold move and... taking me off all of my meds.  I know he wants to see if I could have "drug fever" from any of them, but I think he wants to start from scratch too... especially because some of the meds that I'm on aren't meds that you want to be on if you don't have too.  I really don't think my meds are causing all of my problems, seeing as the reason that I was put on them was because I was sick... but he is right about them either not helping or even causing other symptoms.  Unfortunately, we're put on another 2 month "waiting game" with this doctor to see what happens when I've been off of everything for awhile.  I didn't take that part so well yesterday.  It's very scary... and frustrating... and depressing.  I left the doctors a complete mess, but I was able to make it through the day thanks to some wonderful people.  First, my dad turned the wrong direction while driving home... because he wanted to cheer me up and buy me the new Josh Wilson album! It's really good, and my dad likes it too! When my dad and I both like someone's music, that's a big deal.  I also got a very encouraging email from Uncle Andy, I had a nice tutoring distraction for a little while, and then something really cool happened! But, I'm not going to say what it is until the next post.  I was still very depressed despite of all of that, but it was enough to keep me going. 

Here's one of my new favorite songs, which I've listened to over and over again since we bought the cd yesterday...




No comments:

Post a Comment