Saturday, February 26, 2011

Dog Sledding!

On Wednesday I headed out to my coach's parents' house for the annual dog sled program at the local library!  Little did I know that a lot of sled dogs are Siberian Huskies, which happen to be the dogs that I've been terrified of ever since I was attacked by one in 7th grade.  At first, I was terrified of any dog besides our dog after that, then I slowly went back to my normal self that loved dogs... except for Siberian huskies.  Well, Wednesday brought a chance for me to conquer my fear... and they didn't attack me!  I passed out cookies to everyone who was outside for most of the time, but I was offered a ride on the sled after all of the kids went! I hopped on, and attempted to take a picture while the dogs were running.  I have to admit, the dogs were very nice and they didn't try to eat me.



I had dinner and spent the night there, but I was SO dead by the end of the day.  I took a nap before dinner and went to bed at 8.  Thankfully, they are wonderful people and are very understanding of everything that's going on.  I normally bring pain killers whenever I go somewhere and want to have fun, but I switched backpacks and left them home by accident! Unfortunately, I didn't realize that until about 10pm while I was still laying in bed because my body hurt too much to sleep.  Eventually, I did fall asleep and was able to drive back the next morning, and then I had visitors at home! 3 of the guys from the cross country team came to visit!  I was very dead and in a lot of pain, but I enjoyed seeing friends that I haven't been able to see in a long time.  Once they headed home, I realized how terrible I felt.  Even though I've been in a lot of pain throughout all of this, that night was the worst it's been yet.  My dad was sure I was coming down with the flu on top of my normal problems because I was so sick and miserable, but now we're pretty sure that my "illness" (whatever it may be...) is starting to get worse... or at least had a rough few days.  Somebody called to see how I was doing, but I couldn't even hold a conversation because I was so sick.  It was not fun.  On Friday, I had another visitor! I feel bad, because I was really not feeling up to talking a lot... especially about being sick.  But, I was still very thankful that people were thinking of me and even cared enough to visit.  I just wish I could have showed it a little more... normally I love talking!

My dad talked to the receptionist at the rheumatologist's office to see if I can come in to get my blood drawn as soon as they get the kit from California, but she didn't know what kit he was talking about and kept telling him that we could just ask the doctor to order it at my appointment on March 15th.  We tried to explain, but she didn't seem to know anything about the blood test already being ordered, so she eventually said that my doctor will be back on Monday and we can just talk to him then.  Sigh.

Hopefully I won't be feeling too terrible tomorrow, because my parents are helping at a bowling thing for the Canal Museum and I think it'd be worth putting my energy into bowling some more 30's and winning the prize for the lowest score (I was that bad when I was healthy too!)!  The pain isn't as bad today, and I've bowled through the fever a couple of times already, so I don't see any reason not to win... I mean... lose but get a prize for losing so bad!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Shorty.
    And also, this just makes me smile:

    “What is the price of five sparrows—two copper coins? Yet God does not forget a single one of them. And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows."

    Luke 12:6-7 (NLV)


    :)

    ReplyDelete