Thursday, March 3, 2011

Let's pack up and move to California

My rheumatologist had me come in yesterday instead of waiting another 2 weeks... it was a nice surprise!  After a few days of confusion about the IGeneX lab test, they almost knew what they were doing this time. Almost.  They had the wrong blood test circled on the sheet, but my dad noticed (I was preoccupied with the "on a scale of 1-5, how severe is each symptom" paper... those things drive me crazy), and everything was fixed.  My blood will be in California today.  That's kinda cool.  This doctor wants me to have an ultra sound and a biopsy of my left inguinal lymph nodes because they're swollen and tender again, but we have to wait to hear back from him.  He also wants an MRI and biopsy of my right leg so that he can find out whether my "cyst" is a cyst or not.  We have to wait and hear back from him on that too... apparently he has to get everything approved first before he sends me off to get a bunch of tests done.

The past few days have had their ups and downs.  The "spring session" swimming lessons started yesterday and it's the same group of people from my winter lessons, so that's exciting!  I didn't get to go bowling over the weekend like I wanted to because I was too sick.  I've lost more weight, and I've been having more abdominal pain and headaches.  Seeing as I've been off of all of my meds for a few weeks now, we know that it's not "drug fever" (if that's even a real thing...) or any other side effect.  However, it's still nice to be off of everything... at least for a little while.  A break from my weekly pill sorter thing is always nice. :)

As frustrating as this is, having my appointment get moved up 2 weeks and hearing the doctor say that there are still more tests that need to be done made us feel a lot better.  The doctors are finally getting desperate for answers too, which is always helpful.  Hopefully one of those tests or the IGeneX test will give us some answers...

No comments:

Post a Comment