Thursday, March 17, 2011

Bonding at the Medical Center

My fever is 102 again today, which means... a visit with the Internist tomorrow.  I had my MRI last night, so I'm hoping he'll have those results by the time I see him tomorrow.  I don't mind MRIs because they don't hurt like a lot of other tests that I've had done, but it was weird being there at night.  It took awhile because I had to have two of them - one for my leg, and one for my knee.  During the first one I was pretty happy because I was listening to the radio and the lady would cut in every now and then and say "You're doing great, only a few more minutes!"  It reminded me of an interval workout!  I also enjoyed the fan blowing on me because I was sweaty from the fever.  However, by the second one I started throwing my self a little "pity party."  I've been getting very sick of spending so much time going to the doctors and having tests done.  I wanted to go do homework or whatever a healthy 20 year old should be doing.  Thinking like that isn't helpful at all, and I try not to... but there's something about laying in an MRI machine at 7:30pm that makes you really not want to be there!  When I walked back out into the waiting room, there was a little boy with crutches waiting to come in.  He was nervous about the MRI and asked me what it was like.  I told him that it wasn't that bad and that you get to listen to music while you're in it.  After we talked about MRIs, he asked me what was wrong with me.  I explained the lump behind my leg, and how I've been sick for a very long time.  He told me that he fell through a bed!  I'm not quite sure how he managed that, but being able to make him feel a little better about his MRI made me feel much better about spending my evening at a medical center.

I got a package in the mail from friends at school!  I was super excited when I saw a box in our mailbox!  It also feels like spring, which makes me very happy.  I'll post an update sometime after my appointment tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment