Tuesday, March 8, 2011

More waiting...

My test results from IGeneX are supposed to be coming back any day now.  It's nerve-wracking.  Of course, I desperately want a diagnosis so that I can start treatment for whatever it is.  However, Lyme Disease isn't something that anybody wants to have.  Obviously, I'd rather not be sick at all in the first place, but when we're trying to put a name to something that I already have... I'd much rather have something that doctors actually know how to treat.  Doctors are getting their licenses taken away for treating Lyme Disease with long term antibiotics.  Insurance companies don't like to cover chronic Lyme expenses.  People fight over whether or not the tests are accurate.  People fight over whether or not it's real.  It's ridiculous!

Then again, being diagnosed would be much better than being undiagnosed.  So, if it's positive... we'll have the whole "undiagnosed" load off of our shoulders, which will be great.  Lyme isn't fun, but I'll know what I'm fighting.

For now... we wait for that phone call.  Whatever we find out, God is still in control.  I have my lymph node ultrasound on Thursday, but hopefully the next post will be about the lab results!

2 comments:

  1. You are incredible. God has your back... And I continue to pray for you. I love you so much girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Keep the dream alive." =P

    Those are my words of inspiration this time. Hope they help. :)

    ReplyDelete