Friday, March 11, 2011

And... more waiting.

Still no word from the doctors about my blood test.  I'm really hoping that I hear something today, otherwise we have to wait until next week.  I had my lymph nodes ultra sounded yesterday, but it was weird.  It was a lot quicker than all of my other ultra sounds, and she didn't take very many pictures.  She did happen to leave the pictures up on the screen while she was waiting for me to come out, so I couldn't help but look at them!  They never make any sense though.  They're always just a bunch of blobs that I don't understand.  I have to admit, sitting in the waiting room and watching everyone drink nasty stuff for the different tests that they were having done made me very thankful that it wasn't me drinking it this time!  That's why I like ultra sounds so much, they don't hurt and I don't have to drink anything yucky!

I've been in a lot of pain for the past couple of days again.  My legs feel really weak, and it was hard to sleep last night because they were hurting so bad.  I get to go swimming today though, and that always seems to make things better. =)  The nights when I'm in a lot of pain are always the worst.  The pain keeps me awake, and being awake makes me think way too much about everything that's going on.  It makes me realize how much I miss going to school and being healthy.  Thankfully, I'm always much better in the morning, even if I'm still in pain.  I'm a morning person, so I tend to be much more cheery when I wake up than when I'm trying to sleep but can't!  When I woke up and was doing my devotions, I felt much more at peace about everything.  It's still hard, but I know that God has a plan and that He's listening to my prayers.  I also woke up to a pile of "Get Well" cards and letters on my floor that I'm getting ready to hang up on my wall!  I took down a big poster of some random person running to make room for them.  I do hope to be running again some day, but I'd rather wake up to encouragement from my friends right now than some running poster that has a person I've never heard of on it.  Thank you to everyone who's sent me mail, emails, text messages, and encouraging comments!  It really means a lot!

1 comment: